Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Beginnings


Since I have started this blog in June I've spent countless hours writing about a variety of topics. And for the most part, this comes as a surprise to me, for I didn't expect to actually post a new entry or two each week. I figured that after the first month or so my interest in writing here would wane and eventually completely dissipate, but I guess I was wrong. For some reason which I have yet to understand, whenever I think of something novel I feel compelled to write about it. I do know that in a few posts I ramble on a great deal, but this is to be expected when one is passionate about something. We are all guilty of this. Who in the world hasn't talked for extremely long periods of time or written vast amounts of information about a topic they find appealing? I figure human nature is the driving force that makes us tell or show others the myriad of issues that each of us feel are wholly important. Everyone just needs to express themselves every once in awhile. Bottling up emotion or other complicated matters can lead to serious problems. So let them flow freely from your mind, speak up, don't fade into the darkness.
To be completely honest, I have absolutely no idea how many people currently read what I post here. I hope it's a lot, but there's just no way of telling. I put quite a bit of effort and time into each entry so it would make me feel better if I knew what people think of this blog as a whole. Nevertheless, even if my readers number only a handful at least I can say that I have a hard copy of my thoughts and opinions. This is probably more important than anything else; years later I can look back at everything and remember what I was like right now. What could be better than having a way to step back in time? I strongly advise others to start a blog, it's productive and writing experience can be gained easily. I personally would be very interested in reading about your opinions, hopes, and aspirations. So do me a favor and and create one so I can get an insight on the true you.

Right now I'm quite busy as I prepare to head back to college in less than a week. Packing, work, and a few other events are occupying my time, so I will not be able to devote myself to writing another entry anytime soon. Getting everything in order is quite an undertaking, I have to constantly worry about forgetting things. And I have to figure out what needs to be bought, but I've gotten this out of the way for the most part. I actually went down to Manhattanville on Monday in order to get my books, and it was extremely expensive- $591 in fact, and I still have to pick up one book on account of it not being ordered yet; this will most likely set me back another $100! Packing and buying a large multitude of items isn't exactly what I call fun, instead this piques me to a high degree. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to starting college again! Everyday for the past two weeks I've been counting down the days; and it's hard to comprehend that in a mere three days from now I'll be moving back into my college. Hopefully I can expect great things this year!

Like I said before, I will not be writing another entry this week, and once I return to Manhattanville I don't plan on writing much either. I'm not quitting this blog, I'll just be using it less frequently. So still check it every now and again for some new updates. I feel as though I can put my time to better use, be it for my studies or for other important activities relating to college life. As the wise Thoreau once said "How vain is it to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." I firmly intend to stand up, so if I don't write anything for awhile, please forgive me.



The picture that goes along with this post shows a sunrise on the Hudson. Dawn, like many other brand new things, are fast approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment