Thursday, June 11, 2009

Long day

Here's a summary of my day:
In the morning, not too long after I woke up my dad and I headed up to the rod and gun club that we belong to. As you already probably know I'm in to almost all things outdoors, be it fishing, hunting, hiking.. etc. Well, today wasn't exactly fun (no fishing), instead it was filled with work. In addition to paying annual dues every member is required to perform 10 hours of work a year. And unfortunately previous to this day, I accomplished nothing. So I had a full 10 hours to shave off. The work detail that the club president gave us was to weed wack around the boats and LAKE. If you haven't seen this lake before, you have no idea how large it is. I'd say the two of us got a third of the weeds cut, which I guess isn' t too bad. But I'll be up there very soon again. I can' t wait!!! I really shouldn't complain though on account of how often I actually use the property. If you want to see some pics of the club, check my album out on Facebook.

Later on in the day, I opened the pool up. By this I mean taking the cover off, getting the filter in order, and adding the necessary chemicals. Luckily this was accomplished before the rain started. One thing I would have to say I love to do in the summer is go cool off in it. But it doesn't look like I'll be going in it any time soon, the water's freezing...

The latter part of the day consisted of me going to the dentist. There was nothing wrong with my teeth, thank god!, just a semiannual cleaning. Surprisingly, within 10 minutes it was done... not too bad. The drive to Hopewell Junction, (that's where it's loacted) was actually quite nice despite the weather. Saw some interesting sights, including a fog drenched Windgdale Mountain... eerie yet fascinating. I've realized that every so often you have to look at things in a different manner to get the real view. And that definitely occurred today, it was a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment